This two-day ILT course provides students with the knowledge and
skills to author, deploy, and manage reports using Microsoft
Reporting Services. Students should leave the course with a good
understanding of how to apply reporting services to problems within
a business context.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator)
certification or equivalent knowledge.
- Exposure to Visual Studio .NET.
- Exposure to creating reports in Microsoft Access or third
party reporting products.
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server™
- Experience with Microsoft Windows® services
- Starting and stopping services.
- Creating service accounts and permissions.
- Understand the architecture of Microsoft Reporting Services and
- Author reports using the Report Designer.
- Deploy and publish reports.
- Manage the lifecycle of a report including report scheduling and
backup and restore.
- Understand how to apply Reporting Services to a business